The incumbent’s main responsibilities include, but are not limited to-
- Plan and organize events from concept to finish following the preference of the team and partner organization and with attention to financial and time constraints
- Understand requirements for each event. Communicate with the donor or the partner organization to understand their wants, needs, and special requests for the event.
- Coordinate with other team members of the research, creative, procurement and accounts department for event planning and execution.
- Work with and give guidance to volunteers and staff involved in event planning and execution.
- Draft agenda of events, prepare travel plan and develope different promotional activities to promote the event traditionally or digitally with the assistance of the project coordinator or the Communication Officer.
- Prepare checklist for events and update it when required.
- Prepare a tentative invitee list and invite them. Update the list accordingly.
- Work closely with the procurement team to select the most suitable location or venue; book, prepare and arrange it for the event. Visit the venue if needed.
- Communicate with vendors such as photographers, event management vendor, caterers, technical and transportation services on a variety of goods and services like security, lighting, sound equipment, displays, stages, food and drink and any other essential item to ensure the success of the event.
- Do final checks on the day of the event (e.g. seating arrangements, food, sound system) to ensure everything meets standards.
- Oversee event happenings, ensure details are handled as planned and act quickly to resolve problems.
- Evaluate event’s success, document the learnings and submit reports
- Organize grassroots consultation and maintain regular communication with the local partner organization for consultation planning and execution.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree from any reputed University.
- Graduate with a major in hospitality management, public relations, communication or relevant field is preferred
- 1 to 2 year(s)
- Age 22 to 35 years
- 0 to 1 year of demonstrated experience in event coordination and a proven track record of organizing successful events.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, pay attention to details, meet deadlines, maintain accuracy and confidentiality in performing responsibilities.
- Excellent communication and representative skills (written, oral).
- Excellent vendor management skills and outstanding communication and negotiation ability.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to work in a team setting.
- BDT 25,000 during the probationary period
- BDT 30,000 after the satisfactory completion of 3 months probation period
- As per organization policy.
- Full-time (after the satisfactory completion of 3 months’ probation period)
- Dhaka, Bangladesh
- The job may also involve occasional travel outside of Dhaka if required.
- 20 May 2021
- If you believe you are the right candidate for the position, please submit the followings as a part of your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Assistant Director, Program’ on or before Thursday 20 May 2021:
- A complete CV (maximum 3 pages) with signature a recent photograph.
- An Assignment on the following question:
Suppose IID will organize a 5-days residential workshop outside of Dhaka.
1) Develop a checklist for workshop planning and execution, and
2) Write a brief description on how to ensure covid protocol during the event.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the final selection process.
IID is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate between sex, religion, age, ethnicity or disability.